OKW R2 Meet the Team: Mapping Manufacturing Capabilities of Makerspaces in Greece

Mapping Manufacturing Capabilities of Makerspaces in Greece

The project is about mapping the manufacturing capabilities of makerspaces in Greece, with makerspaces being used as an umbrella term also for hackerspaces and fab labs. This effort will capitalize on Spyro’s MBA dissertation on the Greek maker scene and will further enhance and consolidate the data to facilitate decentralized manufacturing in the country.

Check this thread for project updates from the team over the coming weeks, learn more about each team member below, and stop by to say hello! :wave:t4:

Spyros Nompilakis (he/him) – Project Lead

Spyros holds a MSc in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA. After working for some years as a patent engineer, he got fascinated by OSH and put his energy into promoting it further. He built a Precious Plastic Lab on a Greek island and currently supports Libre Water, an OSH water desalination solution.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

Happy to share that the data collection form has been finalized and the survey has been deployed. I will keep you posted as meaningful data start coming in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello!

A month after deploying the survey, I am happy to share the results regarding the data collected. There are few spaces that haven’t reacted yet, so numbers might get slightly higher, but I expect these ones to be close to the final ones:

Number of LOCATION entries. |15|
Number of MACHINES. |107|
Intended number of entries. |18|
Forms sent. |23|
Forms answered. |18|

1 Like

This is great @inspyros - I am looking forward to reviewing the full dataset and working with @kny5 and @max_w to integrate it into the world map of manufacturing.

As I work on prepping data I am collecting on people and skills for integration into that same map, I’d be keen to discuss any recommended API/automations; I am currently working with n8n as a workflow automator and fooling around with Google APIs just to tweak the parameters on the chron/what fields are pulled so I can update the collection form accordingly, and then want to move to an open platform.

Do you use anything for workflow automation? Are you just scripting your connections?

Hi @schutton ! I am totally clueless when it comes to workflow automators.
I don’t know if the others have any experience.
So far, I have shared the data with @kny5 and looking forward to working with him on integration.

1 Like

Okey dokes no worries @inspyros ! I am looking forward to seeing all awardee data mapped out - Antonio’s been doing some good work. :slight_smile: