Registration for the 2023 Maker Literacies Immersion Program Now Open!

2023 Maker Literacies Immersion Program

July 16, 2023 – July 21, 2023
In-person at The University of Texas at Arlington

We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the 2023 Maker Literacies Immersion Program! This IMLS grant-funded program aims to support the development of experiential and project-based curricula and assignments through the use of Maker Literacies. These cross-disciplinary and transferable literacies help ensure that maker-centered learning opportunities are not only fun and engaging, but also impactful and directly tied to student learning outcomes.

Who should attend?

Librarians, makerspace staff, and teaching faculty will all benefit from this program!

What will participants learn?

How to:

• develop maker-based learning outcomes that map to subject-based learning goals.
  • create maker-based assignments.
  • manage instructional experiences in makerspaces.
  • integrate reflection into making.
  • assess student learning.

Registration & Housing

This week-long immersive workshop is funded in part with a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and there is no cost to register. Participants are responsible for their airfare and housing. Please see the registration webpage for additional housing and meal information.

Scholarships are available that cover the cost of airfare and housing and can be applied for when registering for the program.

Registration Deadlines:

• Please register by June 28, 2023.
  • For scholarship consideration, please register by June 1, 2023.
  • Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 9, 2023, and have until June 15, 2023, to confirm their attendance.

I want to register for the conference and scholarship.

Hi @Ifeoma1969 - please start filling out the program registration form. One the second page of the registration form is where you can apply for a scholarship.

If you need any help with that, please let me know and I can put you in touch directly with one of the program organizers at UT Arlington.

1 Like

Hi @schutton,
I hope you’re doing ok.
I applied for the 2023 Maker Literacies Immersion Program and I also registered for scholarship consideration. Since I haven’t gotten any reply, I thought it wise to confirm from you if I made the scholarship list.

I look forward to your kind response .

Thanks

Ebuka

That is wonderful to hear! I will reach out to the organizers. :+1:t4:

Found out that many have been received - and are currently under review.

Ok. Thank you very much. I’ll be looking to get a mail from the organizers.