Open Know - Where Working Group Meeting 22.4.20
OKW - Open Know -Where
WG - Working Group
- Barbara Schack, Internet of Production Alliance
- Max Wardeh, Internet of Production Alliance
- Minutes: Ronald Tumuhairwe, Internet of Production Alliance
List of Attendees:
- Anna Sera Lowe, Manufacturing Change
- Ben Oldfrey, University College London
- Pierre Alexis, MakerNet
- Status update
- Roadmap for the OKW Standard and working group
- Next meeting
- Action Anna - Contact OKW working group members with an update and invitation to continue
- Action Barbara - Make sure the standard is mentioned in the May 5th GDDF panel discussion
- Round of introductions
- Reminder of Goal of the meeting: to draft a proposal for a roadmap for the OKW standard and WG
- Governance: the method of communication decided at the last OKW WG meeting was the #iop-okw slack channel.
- Progress update: The standard is in active use by Field Ready. The first round of OKW Data awardees is in progress. A “1 year since launch” webinar is in preparation for June. The Makernet/Cosmyx 3D printers publish their OKW profiles.
- Sloan foundation, which covers maintenance and adoption. Targets:
- Adoption: 2 - 3 rounds of OKW Data awards. 150,000 points of interest mapped
- Maintenance: defining and implementing a process for maintenance of the standard
- MaKe project:
Roadmap for the OKW Standard and the OKW working group:
Validation/Maintenance of the data:
- Find the right balance between quality and quantity of data. Around 18% of data collected so far has been unusable (duplicates or low quality). Discussion on what is a minimum level of quality to be validated into the dataset.
- Anna: we never envisioned that all data points would be collected: very few fields are required (4)
- Ben: we could label the data to indicate validation status: validated (+time limit?) /unvalidated
- Max: does the current validation rule match with usefulness?
- Ben: is there any evidence of usefulness? Use cases, blogs (see notes on adoption below)
Usability of the standard: a validator form to build?
Maintaining the standard itself:
What happens when a change request is made? Tools for process are being built in the processes WG. On the governance of the approval processes, this is to be defined by each community.
- Suggestion to be put to the Governance task force: build a basic structure that each working group can be built off from
- Ask: Is there someone from OKW community interested in joining the Processes WG?
Making sure the OKW standard that is published is up to date as it is migrated to Pubpub.
Adoption: strengthening uptake and collecting evidence
Communication: 1 year webinar: planned for early June.
Blog posts, interview, use cases
Documenting OKW data awardee’s journey
Creating implementation guides for different sectors: Interviews with people who have been using it and using these interviews to build guides on using the standard in various contexts
Building a data visualization tool and promoting it
Self - submission form
Needs of working group:
- More people in the WG
- Re-contacting the initial group
- New people: the IOPA network has grown, more organisations are using OKW, they should be invited in (Makerko, SomRIL)
- People to point to datasets / platforms to “add to the map”
3rd Wednesday of the month. May 18th. Time to be confirmed.
List of meetings we had this month
- Open Street Map Updates Meeting – 5th April 2022
- OKH LOSH Review – 8th April 2022
- OKH Adoption – 12th April 2022
- OKW Adoption Roadmap meeting – 20th April 2022
- Technology Strategy – 20th April 2022